EC raises expenditure limit for candidates in Parliamentary and Assembly polls – The Election Commission of India (ECI) has decided to increase the expenditure limits for candidates, contesting in Lok Sabha and Legislative assembly polls due to the rise in the cost inflation index and the size of the electorate.
- The election commission increased the poll expenditure limit up to ₹95 lakh for the Lok Sabha elections from ₹70 lakh.
- For the state assembly elections, the expenditure limit has been hiked from ₹28 lakh to ₹40 lakh.
- ECI will conduct the assembly elections in five states including Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Goa, and Manipur this year.
Expenditure revision for the Lok Sabha elections
- from ₹70 lakh to ₹90 lakh.
- from ₹54 lakh to ₹65 lakh
States assembly election
- from Rs 28 lakhs to Rs 40 lakh
- from Rs 20 lakhs to Rs 28 lakhs
Upcoming Elections in India – Dates
- Uttar Pradesh – Feb 2022
- Uttarakhand – Feb 2022
- Punjab – Feb 2022
- Goa – Feb 2022
- Manipur – Feb 2022
- Himachal Pradesh – Oct 2022
- Gujarat – Dec 2022
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.