Dhriti Banerjee: 1st woman Director of Zoological Survey of India (ZSI)
Dr. Dhriti Banerjee has been elected as the first woman Director of the Zoological Survey of India (ZSI). Banerjee is a prolific scientist and had been doing research in zoogeography, taxonomy, morphology, and molecular systematics. after her appointment, She will assume the post of Director of Zoological Survey of India (ZSI).
- Banerjee has also served as the co-ordinator of ZSI’s Digital Sequence Information Project, since 2012.
- Dhriti Banerjee has also mentioned that women scientists in ZSI had been organizing regular surveys by examining faunal diversity from the Himalayas to the deep sea. almost 60% of the new species have been discovered by women scientists.
About Zoological Survey of India (ZSI)
- It was founded in July 1916. and its headquarter is located in Kolkata.
- it has 16 regional centers and works under the ministry of environment, Forest, and climate change.
- It aims to conduct studies and promote survey, explore & research of fauna in India.
- ZSI appointed Mira Mansukhani as the first women employee of ZSI.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.