Delhi govt launches ‘Shramik Mitra’ Scheme for Construction Workers
The Government of Delhi has launched a new scheme for construction workers named the ‘Shramik Mitra‘ scheme. Under the Scheme, 800 ‘Shramik Mitras’ will reach out to construction workers and make them aware of the government schemes.
- Shramik Mitras will inform construction workers registered by the Construction Board at the ward level about assistance schemes of the government and help them apply for them.
- Apart from this, the Govt has increased the Dearness allowance for Unskilled, Semi-skilled workers, to increase their salary by around 1%.
About Shramik Mitra scheme
- The Delhi Government begins an initiative called the “Shramik Mitra scheme”, aiming to ensure the benefits of all government schemes reach construction workers in Delhi.
- 800 Shramik Mitras (Who will work as District, Ward, and Vidhan Sabha level coordinators) will visit the construction workers houses and will provide the information of several government schemes in the interest of the workers.
- Almost 6 lakh construction workers in Delhi have registered themselves.
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.