Current Affairs in Short: 01 September 2020
Tamil Nadu Selects India’s First-ever Woman Ambulance Driver
- Tamil Nadu state has made an appointment of a woman ambulance driver. due to this Tamil Nadu has become the 1st state of India who appoints woman ambulance driver. M Veeralakshmi is appointed as ambulance driver of 108 in the state.
PM announced September Month as Nutrition month
- The PM Modi has made the announcement to observed September 2020 as “Poshan Maah” or “Nutrition Month”. PM said during Mann ki Baat program. The Sept month will be considered in order to make everyone aware of the importance of optimum nutrition.
Former President Pranab Mukherjee passes away
- The former Indian President Shri Pranab Mukherjee has taken his last breath at the age of 84. he was founded coronavirus positive and along with it, he underwent successful surgery to exclude a brain clot. he took birth in the village of Mirati in Birbhum district of West Bengal.
Kiara Advani as the brand ambassador of Myntra
- On 31st August 2020, Myntra E-commerce website has announced to appoint Kiara Advani as its new brand ambassador.
Up begins Major Dhyan Chand Vijaypath Yojana
- The Uttar Pradesh State govt has begun a new scheme named “Major Dhyan Chand Vijaypath Yojana”. This Scheme aims to get road connectivity to 19 international players’ houses in the state. All 19 international players will be given the advantages of this scheme.
Administration Buildings of Central Agricultural University
- The Indian Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi Ji has made inauguration of College, Administration Buildings of Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University in Jhansi on 29th August. PM Modi inaugurated via a video conference.
EIB plans to invest EUR650 million in Kanpur metro rail project
- The European Investment Bank (EIB) is going to invest EUR650 million. this investment will help to set up Kanpur’s first city metro line.
- The new metro rail system would play an important role in decreasing time and will offer fast and affordable public transport. in addition, this project will directly help about 3 million people in the city.
- Kanpur Metro will be 5th Indian metro rail project that is going to get investment from the European Investment Bank.
Japan: Ex foreign minister stated candidacy to be PM
- The Ex-foreign minister of Japan, Fumio Kishida has stated his candidacy to be as Prime Minister of Japan. due to health problems, PM Shinzo Abe recently gave resignation from his post.
Social Ours Platforms-