Today Top Current Affairs 14th June 2022 – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated National Museum of Customs and GST in Goa
Union Finance Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman has inaugurated the National Museum of Customs and GST “Dharohar” in Goa. it is a part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav Iconic week of the Ministry of Finance, being celebrated between June 6 to June 12th, 2022.
- The two-storey ‘Blue building’ was known as Alfandega, during the Portuguese rule in Goa, has been standing on the banks of the Mandovi River in Panaji and is about 400 years old.
- The museum has eight galleries — Introductory gallery, History of Taxation Gallery, Guardians of our economic frontiers gallery, Guardians of our Art & Heritage, Guardians of Flora & Fauna, Custodians of our social well being, Journey of Indirect taxes –Salt Tax to GST and the GST gallery.
Kerala CM inaugurates cancer research centre in Kochi
Karkinos Healthcare has launched the ‘Advanced Centre for Cancer Diagnostics and Research’ in Kochi and was inaugurated by Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
- Advanced Centre for Cancer Diagnostics and Research’ will act as a central lab for the Karkinos’ global oncology network, analysing specimens at the molecular and genomic levels to aid in personalised targeted therapy, predicting possible responses to treatment and will also help in evaluating response by liquid biopsy.
- It is a dedicated research lab that aims to create solutions for the future through innovation.
- Karkinos Healthcare established the most advanced high-throughput HPV assay equipment Cobas 6800 with the ability to test over 1200 Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) assays of all high-risk types.
12th WTO Ministerial Conference
The WTO’s 12th Ministerial Conference (MC12) is being held on 12-15 June 2022 at WTO headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. 12th Ministerial Conference (MC12) will be held for four days and will review the functioning of the multilateral trading system, make general statements and take action on the future work of the WTO.
- The Conference was co-hosted by Kazakhstan and has been chaired by Mr Timur Suleimenov, Deputy Chief of Staff of Kazakhstan’s President.
- Kazakhstan was scheduled to host MC12 in June 2020 however, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the conference was postponed.
Ambassador Rabab Fatima appointed UN Under-Secretary-General
Permanent Representative of Bangladesh to the United Nations Ambassador Rabab Fatima has been appointed as the Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations. her appointment was announced by Secretary-General Antonio Guterres. Rabab Fatima will replace Courtenay Rattray of Jamaica who was appointed as the Chef de Cabinet.
- Ambassador Rabab Fatima become the first woman diplomat from Bangladesh will be appointed as UN Under-Secretary-General.
- Rabab Fatima has also become the highest-ranking official of Bangladesh under the UN system.
- Ambassador Rabab Fatima joined the Bangladesh Foreign Service in 1989.
R Subramaniakumar appointed as MD & CEO of RBL Bank
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved the appointment of R Subramaniakumar as Managing Director and CEO of the RBL Bank for three years tenure.
- Subramaniakumar’s tenure will be started from the date of his taking charge, under Section 35B of the Banking Regulation Act 1949.
- R Subramaniakumar is a veteran Banker and is having an experience of 40 years.
- He started his banking career commenced with Punjab National Bank (“PNB”) in 1980 and he headed Business Transformation at PNB for 3 years and transformed the Business especially, Digital, Human Resources, MSME, Retail, Overseas operations, and so on.
- He was an Executive Director at Indian Bank and Indian Overseas Bank.
- He served as Managing Director & CEO of Indian Overseas Bank. Also, he was an Administrator at Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Limited (“DHFL”) a housing finance company and achieved its resolution.
Tencent buys Rs 2060-crore stake in Flipkart
Chinese technology major Tencent bought a stake worth $264 million (Rs 2,060 crore) in Walmart-owned Flipkart from co-founder Binny Bansal, through its European subsidiary.
- After selling his stake to Tencent Cloud Europe BV, Binny Bansal is holding around a 1.84% stake in Flipkart.
- After the transaction, Tencent’s arm holds a 0.72% stake in Flipkart, which is valued at around $264 million.
Teenager Rahul Srivatshav becomes India’s 74th Grandmaster
Telangana’s Rahul Srivatshav P has become India’s 74th Grandmaster, achieving the title after breaking the 2500 (Elo points) barrier in live FIDE ratings during the 9th Cattolica Chess Festival 2022 in Italy.
- The 19-year-old Rahul Srivatshav P reached the 2500 Elo live rating mark after drawing his 8th round game against Grandmaster Levan Pantsulaia in the Cattolica event.
- The current Elo rating of Srivatshav is 2468.
- Srivatshav secured five GM norms and also achieved the title when he crossed the rating threshold of 2500.
World Blood Donor Day 2022
Every year, World Blood Donor Day is observed on 14 June across the world. the day aims to create awareness of the need for safe blood and blood products, and it also thanks blood donors for their voluntary, life-saving gifts of blood.
- the World Health Organization (WHO) has conducted the celebration with the help of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has selected the theme 2022 of World Blood Donor Day ‘Donating blood is an act of solidarity.
- Join the effort and save lives,’ as the slogan for this year’s Blood Donor Day.
- Nobel prize winner and scientist Karl Landsteiner was born on June 14. he is credited for finding the ABO blood group system.
- World Blood Donor Day also marks the birthday of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered various blood groups.
Daily Current Affairs 14th June 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.