China launches third, most ‘advanced aircraft’ carrier named ‘Fujian’ – China launched its third aircraft carrier named ‘Fujian‘ was launched at a brief ceremony held at Shanghai’s Jiangnan Shipyard. Fujian aircraft carrier is the country’s most advanced as well as the first “fully domestically-built” naval vessel.
- The Fujian is the first domestically designed and built catapult aircraft carrier in China.
- The 3rd aircraft carrier has been built by China State Shipbuilding Corporation Limited.
- It has a displacement of more than 80,000 tonnes.
- The aircraft has been equipped with electromagnetic catapults and arresting devices.
- China’s first aircraft carrier named ‘Liaoning’ was a refit of the Soviet-era ship commissioned in 2012.
- 2nd aircraft carrier ‘Shandong’ was launched in 2019.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App