Centre contracts with Pinaka missiles to supply Army regiments
- On 1st Sept 2020, The Centre has made a contract in order to supply six Pinaka regiments to Army of India. Centre will spend 2,580 crore rupees on missiles by the year 2024. Pinaka regiments is a system of rocket launchers.
Key Points –
- The Rajnath Singh (Defence Minister) and Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman have given their approvals for the contract.
- Centre has signed a contract with Indian companies they are Tata Power Company Ltd, Bharat Earth Movers Ltd and Larsen & Toubro.
- As per Project, Nearly 70 per cent domestic content will be used.
- 6 Pinaka regiments will be installed at Northern and Eastern borders of India.
- Due to this contract, the Indian Army will enhance its strength against provocative military movements of the Chinese troops.