Basavaraj Bommai as the new Chief Minister of Karnataka
On 27th July 2021, The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has appointed Basavaraj S Bommai as the new Chief Minister of Karnataka. his appointment was done following the legislative party meeting at Bengaluru’s Capitol hotel.
- 61-year-old Basavaraj Bommai will take place of BS Yediyurappa, who resigned on July 26, 2021.
- On 28th July 2021, he will take an oath as the new CM of the state and will serve as the 23rd Chief Minister of Karnataka.
- Basavaraj has served as the home minister in Yediyurappa’s council of ministers.
- He is considered a close confidant of former chief minister BS Yediyurappa.
- Basavaraj Bommai started his political career with the Janata Dal. Later, joined the Bharatiya Janata Party in February 2008.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.