Aruna Asaf Ali Birth Day: Who is Aruna Asaf Ali
Aruna Asaf Ali was an Indian educator, political activist, and publisher. he joined the Indian independence movement and, is remembered for hoisting the Indian National flag at the Gowalia Tank Maidan, Bombay during a Quit India Movement in 1942.
- Aruna Asaf Ali was born on 16th July 1909 in Kalka at Punjab.
- She passed away on March 10, 1966.
Aruna Asaf Ali Honors:
- She was known as an Indian independence activist.
- She hoisted the Indian National Congress flag at the Gowalia Tank maidan in Bombay during the Quit India Movement 1942.
- in 1958, She became the part of politics and served as Delhi’s first mayor.
- She achieved India’s highest civilian award, the Bharat Ratna in 1997.
Aruna Asaf Ali Awards:
|International Lenin Peace Prize||1964|
|The Jawaharlal Nehru Award for International Understanding||1991|
|Padma Vibhushan Award||1992|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.