Antyodaya Diwas 2021: Why is it Celebrated on Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya’s Birth Anniversary?
The Day of 25th September is observed as Antyodaya Diwas in India every year in order to mark the birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya. the meaning of Antyodaya is “uplifting the poorest of the poor” or“rise of the last person”.
- In 2021, India will celebrate the 105th birth anniversary of Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya on 25th September.
Antyodaya Diwas 2021: History
- In 2014, The Govt of India declared the day of 25th September as Antyodaya Divas and was officially celebrated since 2015.
- Modi govt dedicated the day in honour of late Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya to mark his birth anniversary.
About Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya
- Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya was born in 1916 in Mathura and served Bharatiya Jana Sangh between 1953 and 1968.
- Deendayal Upadhyaya was a humanist, economist, journalist, philosopher and abled statesman.
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya is known as the source of ideological guidance and moral inspiration for the BJP since its inception.
- Deendayal Upadhyaya passed the civil services examination. but, he became part of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) as a volunteer.
- In 1940, Deendayal a monthly journal named ‘Rashtra Dharma’ to spread the ideology of Hindutva nationalism from Uttar Pradesh (UP).
- Also, he initiated ‘Panchjanya’, a weekly magazine, and a daily, ‘Swadesh’.
- Deendayal Upadhyaya died in February 1968 near Mughalsarai Junction railway station under mysterious circumstances.
Antyodaya Diwas 2021: FAQs
When is the Antyodaya Diwas observed in India?
The Day of 25th September is observed as Antyodaya Diwas in India every year
Antyodaya Diwas marks the birth anniversary of which leader?
Antyodaya Diwas marks the birth anniversary of erstwhile Bharatiya Jana Sangh and BJP ideologue Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.