Anti Tank guided Nag Missile Dhruvastra
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO) has succussfully tested made of India anti-tank guided missile named as “Dhruvastra”. the test was held at in Balasore, Odisha.
Design of Dhruvastra –
- The missile is 1.85-meter-long and having weight of 43 Kg with four foldable wings with a diameter of 0.20meters.
- The length of wingspan of the missile is 0.4meters.
- missile includes a real time image processor and has fast and effective algorithms in order to support automatic target detection and tracking capability.
- missile’s range is 4 Km in land version and HELINA can get the target of upto 7 Km in the Lock On Before Launch (LOBL)mode.
Features of Dhruvastra –
- The missile is having an advanced passive homing guidance system and along wit it, has possessing high single shot hit or kill probability(SSKP).
- The missile has ability to destroy heavy armoured vehicles and new age battle tanks.
- The missile can have a capable of top attacks and along with it, immune to countermeasures.
- The airframe is made with lightweight and each has high strength composite materials.