Agnipath military recruitment scheme – On 14th June 2022, The Cabinet Committee on Security approved the historic ‘Agnipath’ scheme to pave the way for the Indian youth to serve the Indian Armed Forces. ‘Agnipath’ scheme will help in making a youthful profile of the Armed forces.
- The Agnipath scheme will train the youth in new technologies and improve their health levels.
- The Scheme would also increase employment opportunities for the youth with new skills in different sectors.
- Agnivirs’ will be given a good pay package and an exit retirement package after 4 years of service.
What is Agnipath Scheme?
- Indian Armed Forces will offer an opportunity to the youth to experience military life and serve the nation for a short and long duration, as Agniveers under the Agnipath Scheme.
- The meaning of Agnipath is serve in the combat forces.
- The scheme will include 100 officers and 1000 other young recruits in the Indian military for a short three-year term.
Benefits For ‘Agniveers’ In New Military Recruitment Plan
- The Agniveers will be provided ₹ 11.71 lakh as Seva Nidhi Package on their exit and which will be exempt from Income Tax.
- However, there will be no pensionary benefits.
- People whose’s age is between 17.5 years and 21 years will be inducted into the armed forces – Army. More than 46,000 Agniveers will be recruited this year.
- Agniveers will be paid a monthly salary of Rs 30,000 to ₹ 40,000. The Agniveers will also get a non-contributory insurance cover of ₹ 48 lakh during the period.
Who are Agniveers?
- Agniveer would be a part of this future-ready soldier.
- Agniveer would be India’s young protector.
- After being with us for 4 yrs, an agniveer’s resume & biodata will be very unique.
- he will stand out in the crowd with his attitude, skills and time.
Agnipath Scheme Army Age Limit
- The Agnipath scheme army age limit will be between 18-25 years.
Lt Gen Anil Puri Tweet –
“Today average age is around 32 yrs, in time to come it’ll further come down to 26 yrs-this’ll happen in 6-7 years. In order to transform armed forces into youthful, tech-savvy, modern, there’s a need to harness the youth potential and make him a future-ready soldier.”
Agnipath Scheme Duration
- Agnipath scheme will recruit the Agniveers for 4 years and they will be released from service after four years.
Is Agnipath mandatory?
- No, the Agnipath scheme would not be mandatory in India. however, the scheme is in some other countries like North Korea, Sweden, Israel and Norway.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App