A new Trade Route between India and Bhutan
- India and Bhutan has jointly opened a new trade route between Jaigaon in West Bengal and Ahlay, Pasakha in Bhutan to set up a new and easy connectivity and it will also help to boost trade between India and Bhutan during the COVID-19 Virus pandemic.
- With opening new route, it will increase a movement of industrial raw materials and goods from India country to Pasakha Industrial Estate.
- The trade route will play role as a key to boost the bilateral trade and commerce between India and Bhutan countries.
- India has been as largest trading partner of Bhutan and also, in 2018, both nations have traded 9227 crores rupees.
- Bhutan country imports such as mineral products, machinery and mechanical appliances, electrical equipments, base metals, vehicles, vegetable products, plastics and articles from India as per their requirements.
- India is importing products such as electricity, portland cement, dolomite, timber and wood products, potatoes, cardamom and fruit from Bhutan country.
Prime Minister– Lotay Tshering
Currency– Bhutanese Ngultrum