17th December 2020 Current Affairs in Short
MSME Union Minister reveals eco-friendly ‘Vedic Paint’
On 17th Dec 2020, The Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Minister Shri Nitin Gadkari has introduced a ‘Vedic Paint’. it aims to enhance the economy of rural and create extra income for farmers in the country.
Vedic Paint benefits-
- The paint will be made of cow dung and the country will get the paint soon via the Khadi and Village Industries Commission.
- He also mentioned that the paint will be in the form of distemper and emulsion and will have an ability to dry in only 4 hours.
- The eco-friendly paint is anti-bacterial, non-toxic, washable and anti-fungal. due to this step, farmers in-country will be able to generate Rs 55,000 a year as additional income for livestock farmers.
Australian Open will begin on 8th February 2021
On 17th December 2020, the ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) has decided to start the Australian Open on the day of 8th February 2021.
- Australian Open will be played from 8th Feb and 21st February 2021. it will be the 1st Grand Slam of the season. in order to qualify for the Australian Open, players will need to join Australian Open men’s qualifying matches between 10th January and 13th January 2021. it will be held in Doha, Qatar.
- Before, being the part of the tournament, All players and staff will have to stay a 14-day quarantine period.
UK court ruled air pollution as 9-year-old Ella death
Ella, 9-year-old schoolgirl was passed away due to acute respiratory failure, severe asthma and air pollution exposure in the year 2013.
- UK court has ruled air pollution as her death cause.
- The UK court found that Ella died from asthma which is reasoned by excessive air pollution.
70 – 80% depletion in COVAXIN trial participation
On 16th Dec 2020, The Bharat Biotech’s vaccine candidate COVAXIN is undergone its phase III clinical trial.
- it is an indigenous vaccine. at present, the COVAXIN vaccine has a shortage of volunteer participation.
- The senior doctor said that they received a 70 – 80% reduction in participation compared to the last phase.
- in the 1st phase, more than 4500 applications were submitted but, 100 volunteers were required.
- in the 2nd phase, 4000 applications were logged for 50 volunteers.
New Delhi conducts a special assembly session on farmers’ agitation
On 17th December 2020, The CM of Delhi Arvind Kejriwal has addressed a special session in order to discuss ongoing farmers’ agitation.
- he also said to the Indian govt how many farmers will have to sacrifices to get their voices heard.
- Next. the Indian Govt is saying that they are discussing and explaining the benefits of Farm Bills. he put here questions.